Info & Registration for The Lost Sierra Convergence 2023
Due to unforeseen circumstances, we cancelled this year’s Convergence. See you in 2023!
At SuperFunOutdoors Adventure, WE FARM FUN and it all comes together at The Lost Sierra Convergence aka The Festival of Adventure. This is our signature destination event and it features the Sierra Valley Basecamp. What is the Basecamp? It is a dynamic camp where your adventures start. Some adventures will be hosted at camp like the Sierra Sanctuary which involves yoga, massage and sound healing and ATV Tours by Explore! Sierra Touring Company. We have camps like the Beehive Camp focused on yoga + wellness and the Brew Trails Camp, featuring hiking in and outside of Basecamp. Also, new for 2022, is the Yuba Expeditions Double Down Mountain Bike Shuttle and the Brewtrails Shuttle. For the Double Down Shuttle, you will ride two of the best trails in the zone. On the Brewtrails Shuttle, you can enjoy a cold beer at two breweries, take a dip in the lakes, and hike the stunning Lakes Basin. Relax on carefree round-trip shuttles from Basecamp and back. In addition, we have live music aka the Barn Sessions on Thursday, Friday and Saturday night in the most amazing music venue, the Diamond S Barn featuring Danny Horton & Friends, a Roots Rock Reggae band out of Chico, CA. This is a choose your adventure type of festival, you can join a camp or even just an activity for the day …… it’s up to you to fill in the blanks …
The Lost Sierra Convergence is hosted at The Sierra Valley Basecamp, in Beckwourth, California. 45 minutes from Reno and Truckee. 4 hours from the San Francisco Bay Area. More curated adventures, activities and live music will be added. You don’t want to miss this! Stay tuned!
Registration is open. Early bird pricing is for One (1) person is $125 for Thursday to Sunday. Price increase to $149 starts July 1st. Kids 15 & under are FREE! This is the base fee and includes yoga for 4 days, a sound healing session, live music for 3 nights and camping for 3 days. Additional fees are set for other activities. Please see below for details. Site locations are first come first served. We will try to accommodate groups. Check-in starts at noon on 07/14/2022. Once registration is complete, you will be directed to the camping rules and regulations. It is family and dog friendly!
What: The Lost Sierra Convergence
Where: Sierra Valley Basecamp at the Diamond S Ranch (39.7902580, -120.3912950)
When: July 14 to 17, 2022
Cost: Early bird price is $125 per person. Starting July 1st, price increases to $149. Sign up now! Kids 15 & under are FREE!
Contact: 415-203-0073 Text preferred.
Camp and Explore
Camp at the Sierra Valley Basecamp via The Diamond S Ranch. The Ranch features a rustic and romantic 19th Century barn featuring a Sierra Valley History Museum, the Itchy Back Saloon and an awesome stage. This private ranch is 1500 acres nestled in the Sierra Valley, the largest intermountain valley in the Sierra Nevada. It is the perfect Basecamp for Super Fun Outdoors! Learn more about the history of the Diamond S Ranch by clicking the link below. Amenities include an outdoor shower and portable toilets. See more info, rules and regulations here.
Explore the Lost Sierra Region. As mentioned previously, some adventures will be hosted at Basecamp and others will occur outside. When you register for Basecamp, you will have an opportunity to sign up for an adventure or do something on your own. As of 6/9/2022, this is the current list of adventures, activities and places to visit:
Adventures at Basecamp:
- Yoga and Face Painting for the kids by the Hive Holistic – Schedule is Thursday at 5 PM, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 9 AM. Face Panting is on Saturday. Time is TBD.
- The Sierra Sanctuary Sound Bath by Heart of Sound. (Day & Time is TBD)
- The Sierra Sanctuary Collective – Massage, mediation and more.
- ATV One Hour Tour with Explore! Sierra Touring Company. (Not included in your base fee. $75 for person)
- Ride e-Bikes on 26 miles of twisty double track at the Diamond S Ranch.
- Overland Recovery Two hour Workshop (includes recommended trail gear, high lift jack and winching safety demonstration) – (Not included in your base fee. $50 per vehicle)
- Trap Shooting with Explore! Sierra Touring Company (Not included in your base fee. Price is $80)
- Hike on the Diamond S Ranch.
- Barn Sessions Night One Featuring Danny Horton & Friends.
- Barn Sessions Night Two Featuring Acoustic music by Chris Mendoza and Friends.
- More live music will be added!
- Disc Golf courtesy of the Higher Elevation. – New for 2022!
- Large slip N slide – New for 2022!
- The Adventure Marketplace – New for 2022! Featuring demos, local vendors and manufactures. Are you interested in becoming a vendor? Apply HERE!
- Tri Tip BBQ Dinner by Explore! Sierra Touring Company. The meal is prepared ahead of time with an authentic Santa Maria style rub, and cooked to perfection in our Big Green Egg! Add the world’s best beans, a mixed green salad, sourdough garlic bread, and dessert to put the finishing touch on a perfect day for $35. Not included in the base fee. You won’t be disappointed with this Basecamp favorite!
- More adventures and activities will be added!
Adventures outside of Basecamp:
Currently, we are organizing groups for the following adventures. Available on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Each adventure is about 10 to 60 minutes away from the Ranch.
- Yuba Expeditions Double Down Shuttle. 2 runs in one day. Available on 7/15 and/or 7/16. New for 2022! $100 per day per person.
- Brewtails Shuttle, enjoy a cold beer at two breweries, take a dip in the lakes, and hike the stunning Lakes Basin. Available on 7/15 and/or 7/16. New for 2022! $30 per day per person.
- Mountain Biking in Downieville.
- Mountain Biking in Graeagle.
- Mountain Biking in Quincy.
- Mountain Biking in Truckee.
- Gravel ride around the Diamond S Ranch and into Portola, Home of the Lost & Found Gravel Festival.
- Tour the Fire Lookouts on the Lost Sierra Route.
- Four Wheeling (Locations TBD)
- Hike (Locations TBD) by Brewtrails
- Relax or take a paddle board out on Lake Davis.
- Hike and/or take dip in the glacier lakes in the Lakes Basin.
- Check out the Sierra Valley Preserve right across the road from Basecamp.
- Have a beer at the Brewing Lair
- More adventures, activities will be added along with places to visit!
3 DAY PASS WITHOUT CAMPING
Location: 39.7902580 – 120.3912950
From Reno: Take highway 395 north to Hallelujah Junction. Take Highway 70 west to Beckwourth, California. Go 1/8 mile past Beckwourth on Hwy 70 and turn South (left turn) on County Road A-23. Continue 2.3 miles on A-23, and you will see an ATV high in the air on your right. That’s us! Total driving time about 45 minutes.
From Truckee: From Truckee or I-80, take Hwy 89 north to Sierraville, California. At the “T” in Sierraville, turn left on Hwy 89 (yes, it’s still the same road!) to Sattley. At Sattley, turn right on County Road A 23 ( aka West Side Road). Welcome to the “sticks”! You will see an ATV high in the air on your left. You’re here! Total driving time about 45 minutes.
From Greagle: Take Hwy 89 north to Hwy 70 east and head toward Portola. About five miles after you go through Portola, turn right on County Road A-23. You will see an ATV high in the air on your right. You’ve arrived. Total driving time about 20 minutes.